Monday, June 1, 2015

All Life is a Battlefield

     I find myself sitting at work today in search of new horizons. My current job keeps me but a sparse two days a week of employment and a meager, nigh non-existent income. I often find myself in combat versus the urges wrought by our capitalistic society. "Oh my what a shiny thing, I must have it" I think to myself. Then reality shield bashes me in the face, "But dear boy you have not the funds needed to pursue such frivolous things". Defeat stands at the feet of an economy where jobs are sparse and ones you can live on even more so.
     So what do I do I hunt. My prey, new employment. Sadly it is not like the days of old where on could simply walk into a business and request possible employment. No. To acquire employment one must become part of the faceless masses awash in a sea of under qualified or over qualified combatants all vying for that ever shrinking piece of pie we know as employment. My resume, sad. My experience, laudable. My aspirations, great, for I don't wish to become some faceless suit behind a desk making more money than he knows what to do with. NO! I desire only what is necessary to sustain a semi-comfortable living. Think of it more as survival. Can I feed myself, check. Can I keep shelter over my head, check. This is all I seek out of employment. This does not show however my true desire. What I want is to be able to make people happy in whatever way possible. Too many people see nothing but darkness in their lives. Society cripples everyone with self-image issues, political correctness, and a bevvy of other things that are ludicrous. Our senses are constantly onslaught with how we aren't good enough and how we will never be good enough. Here is what I have to say. Ignore them. I know it is difficult, trust me. Those whom torment you will lose power the less attention you give them. Find happiness in what you do. Whether its something as simple as writing or reading silly little blogs like this, watching Youtube after a hard days work, or even getting a hobby and quietly tinkering away. These are the things that will save you a lifetime of sadness. Get out. Hang with friends. Hug your parents/spouse/sibling/friend. Let someone know you care and they will show you they care too. It may not be in the same way that you express but they will show it in their own little way.
     Today my adventures lead me back to the pixels old. Morrowind calls to me and this eve I shall indulge. I wonder what adventures await me in those mountains. I wonder how many times I shall fall to the Cliffracer menace.

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment