Friday, June 5, 2015

The Apocalypse is Waiting

     My adventures as of late lead me down the path of nostalgia. After much conflict the realm of Morrowind opens once more and in I stride as a legend of the past. My absence has dulled my skills but my memory fails me not as I traverse few hurdles before digging in. The land of Morrowind is an apocalyptic style country. Home of the dark elves and ravaged by a fierce volcano. I will step off the boat to this new land a prisoner but how will they remember be. Will I be remembered as a Hero or Villain. Only time will tell.
     Many a fan was knocked to their knees this week as the trailer for Fallout 4 dropped. Money poured out of their pockets as they clamored to get pre-orders in. The trailer keeps faithful to the past few games. We are awed and inspired by the wastes. Of a future we dodged by some faint margin. But by one we still may suffer if we don't control ourselves better. Only time will tell whether the game will live up to its predecessors or just become a wasteland of money poorly spend and jobs swiftly destroyed.
     Often in life we bypass anything that makes us think. Much of our society is more than happy with mind numbing behaviors and the repeating of past mistakes. I'm sure if you are reading this that you have merely bumbled upon it or have followed some link dropping you here. If you do find yourself here I pose but a brief and easy challenge. Look into something that interests you. Once you've gain knowledge from that topic share it with someone else, anyone. Tell your parents, siblings, relatives, loved ones, a random person on the street. It could be anything. I prefer to look into topics about space. You may want to look into something different, may I suggest origins of the supernatural, like the dullahan or fairy mythologies. They can be quite the interesting read and you may not look at things like the headless horseman or Santa the same way ever again.
     What inspires you?    

No comments:

Post a Comment